The blockchain that you build in this course will have all of the following features:
– A proof of work algorithm to secure the network.
– Hashing algorithms to secure the data within the blockchain.
– The ability to mine (create) new blocks that contain data.
– The ability to create transactions and store them in blocks.
– An API/server that will be used to interact with the blockchain from the internet.
– It will be hosted on a decentralized blockchain network.
– A consensus algorithms to verify that the network nodes have valid data and are synchronized.
– A broadcasting system to keep the data in the blockchain network synchronized.
– Many other awesome features!…
When you have completed this course you will have built out your own blockchain prototype in code. You will have a thorough understanding of how blockchain technology actually works and why this technology is so secure and valuable. You will also have a deep understanding of how decentralized blockchain networks function and why decentralization is such an important feature for securing the blockchain. The whole process of storing, securing, and validating data/transactions on the blockchain will become very clear.
What are the requirements for this course?
– NodeJS installed.
– The entire course is done on a Mac – if you have a Windows PC, you will be responsible for adapting the information to that operating system.
What am I going to get from this course?
– Have your own, fully functional, blockchain prototype.
– Learn how the code behind blockchain technology functions.
– Learn why blockchain technology is a very secure means of storing data.
– Learn how a decentralized blockchain network works.
Who should take this course?
– Anyone who wants to build their own Blockchain Prototype in code.
– Anyone who wants to learn how Blockchain Technology works under-the-hood.
– Anyone who wants to understand how the “decentralization” of blockchain actually works.
– Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of why Blockchain Technology is valuable.
– Anyone who wants to learn how the code behind Blockchain Technology works.
Enjoy the course!